"America the Beautiful" American's Patriotic song. The lyrics were written by Katharine Lee Bates and the music composed by church organist and choirmaster Samuel A. Ward.
Part of America the Beautiful was Written about the Wheat fields of Kansas,
O beautiful for spacious skies,
For amber waves of grain,
For purple mountain majesties
Above the fruited plain!
The Great Musical "Oklahoma" …
Oklahoma, where the wind comes sweepin' down the plain,
And the wavin' wheat can sure smell sweet, When the wind comes right behind the rain …
Oklahoma! is the 1940s Broadway musical written by the team of composer Richard Rodgers and librettist Oscar Hammerstein II ....
Wheat Products Create Sugar and Addictive Behavior ...
Eating two slices of whole wheat bread is worse than drinking a can of sugar-sweetened soda or eating a sugary candy bar.
Everybody avoids eating to much cake and candy, but most of us love to sneak a slice of bread before dinner at a restaurant ...
Wheat is America's Hidden Addiction ...
Wheat is the single largest contributor to the nationwide obesity epidemic and food addition ... Wheat sounds healthy the negative about wheat is loads of hidden sugar ...
Wheat is the most conspicuous and prevalent grain in the American Diet and in the body generates large volumes of additive gluten-sugar.
Refined flour products turn quickly into sugar when digested,
Eliminating wheat from our diets can prevent fat storage, shrink unsightly bulges, and reverse myriad health problems.
Whole wheat bread increases blood sugar to a higher level than sucrose. Aside from some extra fiber, eating two slices of whole wheat bread is really little different, and often worse.
Food addiction is the term used to describe a pathological disorder; the compulsive, excessive craving for and consumption of food.
We all know all about alcoholism and drug abuse, but it is only in recent years that there is acceptance of the fact that people can be addicted to food in the same way.
Signs of Food Addiction
Cravings for certain kinds of foods
Eating in secret or hiding food
Eating when you are not hungry
Eating past the point of feeling full, or even to the point of feeling sick
Feeling guilty about what you eat, how much you eat, or both
Spending a large amount of time thinking about what you ate or what you plan to eat next
Turning to food to relieve stress or to deal with unpleasant emotions ...
Food Addiction in particular to Wheat leads to Poor Health & Disease ...
High blood pressure
Visceral fat or abdominal fat - Is the Most Dangerous - Also known as organ fat or intra-abdominal fat, is located inside the abdominal cavity, packed in between organs (stomach, liver, intestines, kidneys, etc.). Visceral fat is different than subcutaneous fat underneath the skin, and intramuscular fat interspersed in skeletal muscles.
Fat in the lower body, as in thighs and buttocks, is subcutaneous, whereas fat in the abdomen is mostly visceral. Visceral fat is composed of several adipose depots including mesenteric, epididymal white adipose tissue (EWAT), and perirenal depots.
An excess of visceral fat is known as central obesity, or "belly fat", in which the abdomen protrudes excessively. There is a strong correlation between central obesity and cardiovascular disease. Excess visceral fat is also linked to type 2 diabetes, insulin resistance inflammatory diseases, and other obesity-related diseases ...
Nearly 26 million Americans have diabetes and an estimated 79 million adults have pre-diabetes ...
7 million Americans do not know they have the disease.
CDC estimates that as many as 1 in 3 U.S. adults could have diabetes by 2050 if current trends continue ...
Diabetes is also the leading cause of kidney failure, accounting for 44% of new cases in 2008.
High blood sugars are responsible for most of the complications of diabetes, from neuropathy (damaged nerves leading to loss of sensation in the feet) to retinopathy (vision defects and blindness) to nephropathy (kidney disease and kidney failure). The higher the blood sugar and the longer blood sugars stay high, the more AGE products will accumulate and the more organ damage results.
|Just Because You Don't Live in the Deep South Doesn't Mean You Won't Get It !!!|
Where's the Wheat ...
Most popular snack foods including cookies, pretzels, donuts, cereals, graham crackers, waffles and crackers all contain wheat. Commercially packaged snack foods as a rule of thumb should be assumed to contain wheat ....
Finding gluten-free breads in a bakery in the United States is extremely rare. Wheat is in biscuits, rolls and bagels. Packaged sandwich bread is always made from wheat flour, as is the "potato bread" flavor of some commercial breads. The potato does not imply that the bread is made from potato rather than wheat. Breads made from semolina, spelt or graham flour also contain wheat gluten ...
Here is a List of 20 Common Foods Containing Wheat ...
- Breads. Breads, unless they have a label stating otherwise, will contain wheat. This includes freshly baked bread at your local bakery.
- Baked Goods. Cakes, cookies, pastries or other baked goods all contain wheat.
- Pasta. Pasta, unless it states that it is made from rice or quinoa, is also made from wheat flour.
- Pizza. Pizza is also made from flour and unless it has a special label stating that it is gluten free, you can be sure that it contains wheat. This includes bread sticks and frozen pizzas, as well as frozen pizza dough.
- Breaded and Battered Foods. Foods such as fish sticks, fried chicken wings or any battered vegetables such as pepper, onions or zucchini will contain wheat from the bread or batter.
- Cereals. Most cereals are also made from wheat.
- Canned Soups. Most canned soups contain a wheat starch or wheat flour as a thickener. This includes soups in packets as well as the soups that you order at most restaurants.
- Vegetables. Frozen or canned vegetables prepared in a sauce, as well as creamed vegetables that contain stabilizers also contain wheat.
- Sauces. Most commercially prepared sauces, such as soy sauce, Worcestershire, teriyaki, and horseradish sauce, should be assumed to contain wheat unless otherwise stated.
- Dip and Gravy Mixes. These all contain wheat thickening agents. As a general rule most thickening agents such as starches contain wheat.
- Ground Spices. Curry powder, Cajun spices, pie spice, and Thai spices contain a wheat agent that prevents them from clumping.
- Instant Drinks. Drinks like instant coffee, instant tea and cocoa powder all contain wheat, as well as powdered, malted and chocolate milk. Most malted drinks will contain wheat.
- Deserts. Ice cream, ice cream cones, sherbet, icings, meringues and puddings all contain wheat.
- Condiments. Ketchup, mayonnaise and mustard that are either ready made or in powder form all contain wheat.
- Salad Dressings. Many dressings contain wheat-enriched emulsifiers or stabilizers.
- Meats. Sausages, luncheon, and prepared meat patties contain wheat.
- Imitation and Synthetic Cheeses. Pasteurized cheese spreads, cottage cheese containing modified or wheat starches, blue cheese and veined cheeses like Roquefort contain wheat.
- Beer. It’s most commonly made from barley, but wheat is also widely used as an ingredient.
- Sweets. Licorice, chocolate, candy with cereal extract, and chewing gum all contain wheat.
So How Do/Did We Get Addicted ?
The average American is exposed to about 3000 advertising messages TV, Radio, Newspapers, Billbroads, a day, and Corporations spend over $620 billion each year to make their products seem desirable and to get us to buy them ...
Almost 25% of the ads are about food ... Super Markets, Fast Foods, Restaurants, Cereal, Yogurt, Ice Cream, Pizza, Taco, Hamburgers, etc ... Of the 25%, almost 80% of the ads are about Fast Food ... Worst yet the cable companies turn up the volume when commercials come on to get our attention ...
In Addition ...
Cooking Shows, PBS Food Shows, Talk Show Food Segments, etc ... Create more cravings ... America loves food ...
Facts on Diabetes CDC